Friday, May 10, 2013

Cards from Kevin O'Leary (-the O'leary)!


I'm a fan of the show Shark Tank, on ABC Friday nights. The premise of the show is to have wannabe entrepreneurs pitch their product, and try to get the "sharks" (actual entrepreneur millionaires) to invest $X in it, usually about 5 or 6 figures. One such shark is Kevin O'Leary, who has a reputation for being the stingiest shark.

How does this relate? Well, Mr. O'Leary is one degree of separation (first name) from Diamond King blogger Kevin! The blogger Kevin is no stranger to generosity, unlike the millionaire, and has previously sent cards to me. These cards were also sent gratis as part of his PWE bombing project, which you should really check out. Kevin also collects steroid-using ballplayers (interestingly enough), or as he likes to call them: Super Cheating American Men. Cards?
This is a Bo Jackson rookie, which is reason enough for this card to be a welcome addition to my Jackson PC. This Donruss design border didn't age well though, unfortunately. The Rated Rookie logo is a redemptive element, though. That's still pretty rad, yo.


Some sweet Chipper Jones cards-The Bats of Brilliance card is surprisingly non-glossy. When I first saw it, I could have sworn it was. The way it scanned, it looks like the leaning tower of Stadium Club.
Billboard Top 40? Psshh. Chipper's on the Top 30 of baseball player list, brah.
Which one of you is the real Bo Jackson? These are two of three Bo Jackson rookie cards Kevin sent me for my Bo PC.

And that will round it out for this small trade, oop, PWE bomb. Thanks for the cards Kevin, and I'll see if I can't send some 'roiders your way!

1 comment: