Sunday, June 30, 2013

I Don't Usually Do Personal Posts...

...But when I do, I make them interesting!



Hi guys. Wanted to give a quick blog update and talk about what I've been out doing the week of my blog contest. As to the state of the blog, I'm still backed up on trade posts and scanning, and the traffic jam doesn't seem to be clearing up. So if you're waiting for me to post what I got in a trade with you before you do the same, you might just want to go ahead. I'm still working on a couple of trades, and need to mail out the contest winners' winnings soon. I know I'm not Amazon.com, but that's no excuse!

Regarding the interesting, I was out the week of my blog contest at a super-cool camp called the Multicultural Journalism Workshop, held on the campus of the University of Alabama. All the students accepted into the selective program have worked in high school student media, and the students I worked with and media professionals I worked with were top-notch. We collaborated on a website, including an article by yours truly, and were featured on a local news channel one evening. I even learned a thing or two about, you guessed it, blogging.
As a soon-to-be college-bound student, journalism is one of the top career choices I'm interested in. I have a ton of respect for fellow bloggers get paid to be journalists, from the fantastic Night Owl to the hilarious Mike Kenny to prolific blogger Greg Zakwin at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle, the latter of whom has a blog name giving the shout-out to sportswriter Bill Plaschke. I have to say, blogging has given me a bit of an audience that I wouldn't have had writing for just my school, and I've loved it. Props to the blogging community there.

Not sure how to conclude this post, so let me just say thanks-because without you all, all my pageviews would be from myself and spambots.

Thank you guys!

3 comments:

JediJeff said...

L0w Ç0s+ PrËŠ©|p+|0ñ d®ÛGs.

Dang - that is hard to type. :)

William Regenthal said...

Sounds interesting. Good luck to you! You do a great job and I know you'll enjoy studying journalism in college. That definitely makes college easy, when you are studying something you truly love.

Weston DeShon said...

Good luck. Keep working hard on journaling man.