Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cards from the Tim Wallach Collector!

I think one of the things I've enjoyed most about reading card blogs is discovering the player collectors who collect that obscure 1990s player, rather than your standard Albert Pujols, Derek Jeter, or Chipper Jones (as I do). Give me the Tino Martinez or Tim Wallach collector any day, and I'll take your Chili Davis cards.

It's our Wallach blogger who sent me some nice Brave cards recently, after I passed on some cards of the Expo to him a few months ago. He's on a mission. A mission to....

Couldn't resist
I wasn't expecting anything back, so I was pleasantly surprised at seeing these:
A couple of Braves greats, including Babe Ruth. A few years ago Topps had fun with Ruth as a Brave, including this dandy of a card:

 
Also in the package were a couple of Murph cards I needed for the PC- a 1981 Fleer and 1988 Topps Big Dale Murphy. Does anyone have many of the Topps Big cards? I was struggling to find a sleeve large enough to hold Dale without smothering him.
One of the many Diamond Duos inserts and a Braves team card from 2011 Topps Heritage. Tommy Hanson had a rougher year in his first season with the Angels, going 4-3 with an ERA of over 5.
This Target Red is actually a Checklist-2012 Topps Checklist #579. From the green out-of-focus logo on the dugout wall, we see that Uggla was playing in a game on Peachtree TV.
Warren's in his windup on this 2012 card of a 1950s-1960s player in a 1987 Topps design. Well then.
And last, a bootleg unlicensed Post Cereal card of Dave Justice, complete with facsimile signature to make it fully semi-official.

Thanks to my friend at the Tim Wallach blog, and good luck collecting!


No comments: