Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Contest Winnings from Play at the Plate!

My reaction to Ichiro now being a Yankee:

(Obligatory spider monkey photo)
Anyway, so Brian from over at Play at the Plate recently held a contest. Out of 30 or so randomized entries, the lucky victor was yours truly. Thanks to Brian for mailing out the prizes-

2 Packs of Allen and Ginter!

Pack One:

298 Dee Gordon (Dodger...)
273 Gaby Sanchez
191 Jason Bay
326 Logan Morrison

Has anyone noticed that, despite beating the Braves yesterday (this'll bring about some bad luck, but I don't care,) the Marlins are really bad all of a sudden? I mean, when even Ozzie Guillen is left speechless, that can't be good, am I right? Omar and Anibal were swapped, and more may be traded. Anyway, cards again.

207 Cory Luebke
45 Ewa Matay mini (Can you read her poker face?)

This design is really sharp. I see how folks get hooked on Ginter, though it's just a bit too rich for my taste. (Read: expensive :)

Pack 2:


CC10 Culinary Curiosities-Muktuk
BH-5 Baseball Highlight Brooks Robinson
4 Yu Darvish RC (NICE! This sucker, along with all of the rest of the cards, is up for trade.)
WIN41 What's in a name Timothy Leroy Lincecum
82 Giancarlo Stanton (This is really weird-already a third of the Marlins team has been pulled!)
5 David Price (#'s 4 and 5 in the same pack...I'd complain about poor collation if not for the Darvish)

So there you have it. Winning never gets old-thanks again to Brian and if you're interested in anything posted above, leave a comment!

-Except the spider monkey, really can't help you there. Sorry.

3 comments:

Weston DeShon said...

Would you be able to add it to the package with all your other cards your sending me. I promise you will like the amount of Braves I send you.

Weston DeShon said...

Sorry just the Darvish is all that I want for you to add to the package.

Play at the Plate said...

It figures I'd send you a pack with Yu Darvish in it!